Board of Directors
Morrisville State College students traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah
for the National Agronomy Conference in November of 1999.
Funds for the trip were raised through the Soil Testing
Laboratory that is run by the Agronomy and Agricultural
Science students. In 2000, six students attended the
national meeting of the American Society of Agronomy (ASA) in
Minneapolis. The 2001 annual meeting will be held in
Charlotte, NC (October 21 - 25, 2001).
Morrisville State College operates a GPS/GIS Technology Laboratory
to train students in this cutting-edge technology. This
Laboratory is managed and operated by college students. The
Laboratory provides mapping service to farmers and other
interested parties for a fee.
Morrisville State College students run a Soil Testing Laboratory
which offers its services to farmers and interested parties.
The Laboratory is equipped with the resources for testing the
levels of organic matter, pH, P, K, Ca, and Mg. The
Laboratory is run by a soil testing board comprised of
interested and dedicated students. The revenues are used to
fund our club's activities (click here to
see pictures from the Open House that was held on Tuesday - December 4, 2001).
2001 - 2002 Goals
- Increase the number of active members and their
participation in the club’s activities.
- Organize field trips and tours for the members.
- Arrange a field trip to Cornell University.
- Arrange a field trip to John Deere/Case IH to see the
state of the art equipment for planting and harvesting.
- Arrange a field trip to Pioneer or DeKalb Seed
- Organize a forest/pasture walk and picnic.
- Participate in the national meeting of the American
Society of Agronomy in Charlette, North Carolina, during
- Participate in the regional meeting of the Student
Activity Subdivision of the American Society of Agronomy
(time and location to be announced).
- Organize a symposium on pasture management in the fall.
- Organize an annual banquet in the spring.
Board of Directors