School of Agriculture
Contest Description and Objectives:
The students will judge the following classes:
- Conformation Class - English-type pleasure horse: To be judged on over-all conformation, suitability and soundness as an English-type horse .
- Conformation Class - Western-type pleasure horse: To be judged on over all conformation, suitability and soundness as a western-type horse .
- Performance Class - English Pleasure
- Performance Class - Western Pleasure
Learn how to record results on a judging card Team Composition:
2 students per team and a maximum of 3 teams per school.
1. English Pleasure Class horses will be judged at a walk, trot, canter - both ways of the ring. Horses to be judged on manners, conformations and way of going as a English pleasure horse.
2. Western Pleasure Class horses will be judged at a walk, jog, lope - both ways of the ring. Horses to be judged on manners, conformation and way of going as a Western pleasure horse.
3. Each class will consist of four horses, there will be 15 minutes to judge each class and questions may be asked after the horses have left the ring.
Contest Location and Starting Time(s)
Equine Arena at 10:30 a.m.
High Team - Certificate
High Individual - Certificate and Scholarship
Second High Individual - Certificate
Typical Judging Card
Name _____________ 1234 1243 1324 1342 1423 1432 School _____________ 2134 2143 2314 2341 2413 2431 Class _____________ 3124 3142 3214 3241 3412 3421 Score _____________ 4123 4132 4213 4231 4312 4321
Return to Ag Contest Home Page
Web page designed by Bill Snyder