NATR 152 - FISH REPRODUCTION
Role of Hatcheries in Fisheries
Broodstock Acquistion and Management
- Piper, et al. pp. 131-144
Ecology and Evolution of Fish Reproduction
- Bond pp.451-480
- Snyder - Critical Period Concept
- Handout Article: "Brookies, Browns, Rainbows-Why Don't They Interbreed?"
- Snyder - Basic Statistics
- Piper, et al. pp. 144-149
- Bond pp.481-516
- SRAC 427 -Induction and Verification of Triploidy in Fish
- Handout Article: "Selection Programs That Can Kill Your Fish"
- Handout Article: "Production of All-Male Tilapia Aurea by Sex-Reversed Broodstock"
- SRAC 421 -Introduction to Hormone-Induced Spawning of Fish
- SRAC 422 -Capturing, Handling, Transporting, Injecting and Holding Brood Fish for Induced Spawning
- SRAC 423 -Determining Sexual Maturity of Broodstock for Induced Spawning of Fish
- SRAC 424 -Hormonal Control of Reproduction in Fish for Induced Spawning
- SRAC 425 -Hormone Preparation, Dosage Calculation, and Injection for Induced Spawning of Fish
Egg and Stock Management
- Piper, et al. pp. 149-200
- SRAC 220 -Trout Production: Handling Eggs and Fry
- SRAC 426 -Techniques for Taking and Fertilizing the Spawn of Fish
Return to Aquaculture Home Page