Graduates from this program have achieved excellent office and communication skills which separates them from the rest of their competition. If you look at any employment ad in the newspaper, skills learned in the Office Technology curriculum are those very same skills desired and required in almost any field today (i.e., excellent communication skills, meticulous to detail, proficient Word Processing skills, excellent oral presentation skills, team worker, etc.).
While many students immediately enter the workforce upon finishing their studies with us, some also continue on with their education. Many graduates are now enrolled at Rochester Institute of Technology, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Stony Brook, University at Albany, Oswego State University and Buffalo. Most of the courses they completed at Morrisville are accepted into these schools, with little overlapping. The transfer process goes very smoothly and they enter their bachelor degree program as either a fourth-semester or fifth-semester student. Students change their major while achieving their bachelor degrees in areas such as special education, elementary education, business/distributive education, human resource management, etc. To graduate from Office Technology does not mean you are limited to only land jobs behind a desk. This is not the case for 60 percent of the students who graduate. However, students who have decided to immediately enter the workforce are pleasantly surprised at how quickly they gain employment.
Some of the more recent success stories of the Office Technology graduates include:
- Executive secretary to the president of a local community college in Syracuse , NY
- Administrative Assitant at Lockheed Martin in Owego, NY
- Office manager of a photography studio in Hamilton, NY
- Office assistant at a rehabilitation center in Syracuse, NY
- Administrative assistant at a concrete firm in Hamilton, NY
- Legal secretary in Hamilton, NY
- Correspondence clerk at a medical office in Fayetteville, NY
- Receptionist at Apothecus Pharmaceutical in Glenhead, NY
- Secretary at Colgate University in Hamilton, NY
- Dental Office Receptionist in Oswego, NY
- Customer Service Representative at Ralph W. Earl Company in East Syracuse, NY
And the list goes on and on...
Are you ready to check into this hands-on curriculum so that you may get a step ahead of your competition? We look forward to talking with you!