Scholarships & AwardsFinancial Aid
View the full list of Morrisville State College scholarships and awards
Fill out the Merit Scholarship Application to apply for the freshman scholarships.Academic Merit Scholarships (AMS)
AMS scholarships are awarded to students who have shown high academic achievement in high school. Students are awarded AMS scholarships based on cumulative GPA, SAT/ACT scores, state exams and extracurricular activities. Three levels of AMS Scholarships are awarded:
- Presidential: $8,000 per year for a maximum of four years. Student must be enrolled full time, live on campus, and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Dean: Covers cost of in-state tuition for a maximum of four years. Student must be enrolled full time and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Mustang: Awards range from $500-$3,000 a year for a maximum of four years. Student must be enrolled full time and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Applicants are reviewed for AMS Scholarships on receipt of their application. If the student is determined eligible, a scholarship application will be included with their acceptance packet.Interstate Scholar's Program
Morrisville State College prides itself on offering excellent hands-on academic programs at an affordable cost. The Interstate Scholars Program awards ten deserving out-of-state students the opportunity to reduce their tuition costs. Recipients receive $3,000 towards tuition and fees for a maximum of four years. Students must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA while enrolled.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a first time freshman
- Non New York State Resident
- Have at least an 85 High School GPA, combined math and verbal SAT scores of 950 and/or an ACT composite score of 21.
Ten $500 scholarships will be awarded per academic year to those students who may fall below the academic requirements of our AMS scholarships. Through academic improvement and success, students will be able to receive a $500 increase in their scholarship per year for four years.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a full time freshman
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0. If the GPA requirement is not met, the student will lose the scholarship indefinitely
Fill out the Transfer Scholarship Application to apply for the transfer scholarships.Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
Students who are active members of Phi Theta Kappa are encouraged to apply for a PTK Transfer Scholarship. Criteria include the completion of an associate's degree at another college and a minimum of a 3.7 grade point average. Scholarships are competitive and award full tuition per year for two years.
Morrisville State College awards two PTK scholarships per academic year.MSC Neighboring Community College Award
Transfer students who have obtained an associate’s degree and are enrolling at MSC for a bachelor degree program, may be eligible for $4,000 per year for two years towards tuition and fees if they maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher at MSC. Students must have at least a 3.0 or higher from the following neighboring community colleges:
- Mohawk Valley Community College (MVCC)
- Onondaga Community College (OCC)
- Herkimer County Community College
- Tompkins Cortland County Community College (TC3)
Students who are transferring into a bachelor degree program at Morrisville State College may apply for a $3000 annual award for two years. Criteria include the completion of an associate's degree at another college and a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
- Air Force Aid Society: www.afas.org
- Army Relief: www.aerhq.org
- Coast Guard Mutual Aid: www.cgmahq.org
- Navy Marine Corps Relief Society: www.nmcrs.org
- Awards range from $500 to $5,000 a year.
- Applicants must be enrolled in full-time study.
- View full details and application materials