Cross Registration


Cross-Registration Guidelines

Morrisville State College participates in an agreement that allows students the opportunity to take courses at participating institutions while still enrolled at the Morrisville State College. It is important to be aware that each institution sets its own policies, procedures, registration dates and deadlines, and fees related to cross-registration. It is the responsibility of the students to be aware of these conditions before they cross-register at any host institution.

1. SUNY Cross-Registration: this agreement is for undergraduate students seeking to enroll through an agreement at another SUNY institution.

a. A complete list of SUNY campuses can be found here.

b. The SUNY Cross-Registration Guidelines and Form can be found here. This is the general SUNY form and instructions. Please use the Morrisville State College Form below.

c. Excluded from these Guidelines are: (1) instructional arrangements with CUNY or independent/private colleges and universities; (2) academic programs jointly offered by more than one SUNY campus; (3) SUNY’s statutory colleges at Cornell and Alfred Universities, (4) instructional arrangements between Environmental Science and Forestry and Syracuse University; (5) State-Operated branch campuses co-located with a SUNY community college; (6) Study Abroad programs; and (7) International Programs.

SUNY Cross-Registration Guidelines for Full-Time Undergraduate Students (Fall and Spring):

SUNY Cross-Registration Application Form

Home Institution = the institution where you are matriculated. (Morrisville State College)

Host Institution = the institution with which you are seeking to take additional courses.

1. You must have the approval of both the home and host institution. You are responsible for ensuring that the course(s) you register for meet the requirements of your degree. If you change your major/minor, the courses you cross-register for may no longer count toward degree requirements. 

2. Even if you have the permission of the instructor or have satisfied all pre-requisites/co-requisites necessary for enrollment at the host institution, you must still complete the registration process through the appropriate office at the host institution to be considered officially registered in a course. 

3. Registration dates and deadlines vary by college. You are responsible for contacting the host institution for registration related dates and deadlines and determining which office(s) are responsible for signing your form. 

4. You will be responsible for the attendance and academic requirements of the course even if home and host calendars do not coincide. 

5. You must work with the host institution to ensure that your grades/transcripts are sent to your home institution at the end of the semester. 

6. Enrollment changes may impact your eligibility for financial aid for the current term and/or future terms, (e.g. dropping below full-time). Please consult your Financial Aid Office regarding academic eligibility for financial aid, including satisfactory academic progress standards. 

7. You are responsible for notifying the appropriate offices on BOTH campuses if you withdraw from a course(s) (Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, etc.). Failure to do so can result in a failing grade at the host institution. 

8. Your signature on the Cross-Registration Agreement indicates your agreement to abide by all regulations imposed by the host institution (parking, attendance, library rules, etc.). In addition the host institution may apply rules and regulations to incoming students as it deems necessary (e.g., restrictions on classes based on seat availability). Be sure you are aware of those rules before you cross-register. 

9. Home institution students have priority for all courses at the college or university, so popular courses may be closed to cross-registrants because of space limitations. 

10. Mini-semesters, Winter Terms, and Summer Sessions are not covered by the Cross-Registration Agreement. 

11. All course-related fees in excess of tuition are the responsibility of the student (e.g., lab fees).

12. Please be advised that if you drop below full-time at your home institution, you may be liable for tuition at the host institution. 

13. Any Health Center (immunization/records/physical exam, etc.) requirements must be met at BOTH institutions, even if they differ.

14. Students cross-registering at Community Colleges: You must file residency documents at the host institution. This means you will need to provide the Community College a Certificate of Residence (must be obtained from the county of your permanent residence). 

15. Registration is the responsibility of the student. You must check with the host institution to confirm how they plan to process your form, enrollment, and any necessary additional information or paperwork required to complete the enrollment process.


How to Process your Cross-Registration: 

1. Make an appointment with your Academic Adviser to discuss the courses you wish to take. Check with your school office to see whether or not they meet degree requirements. 

2. Obtain the signature of your academic advisor/chair/Dean.

3. Obtain the signature of the appropriate official at the home institution responsible for Cross-Registration (Registrar’s office)

4. Obtain the signature of the appropriate official at the host institution responsible for Cross-Registration (Registrar, Student Accounts, etc.). 

5. Complete any required application forms for the host institution. 

6. Return the completed Agreement to the home institution immediately upon registering with the host institution. Failure to return the Agreement will result in not being registered for the intended cross-registered course(s).