THE ADMISSION PROCESS
- Candidates are evaluated for admission on a rolling basis. Notification of acceptance begins October 1st for spring admissions and November 1 for fall admissions. Students applying for admission as freshmen are encouraged to apply as early as possible during their senior year of high school. Please note that a supplemental application is also required.
- Students are admitted to specific programs rather than to a general freshman program. Candidates must be high school graduates, and preparation requirements vary by curriculum. Review the college catalog or programs of study for details.
- Admission is offered on a space available basis to students who meet admission criteria for the program to which they apply. Some programs may attain full enrollment and close throughout the year.
- Special consideration is given to students with demonstrated interest in the area to which they are applying.
- If you will be attending the Norwich Campus, indicate "NORWICH" under "special campus project" on the "my campus selections" page of the SUNY online application.
- Freshman must submit official high school transcripts. High school students taking AP or college level coursework must provide appropriate scores/transcripts. Your full name must appear on all materials sent to the Admissions Office. If your transcripts have a different name than the one you used on your application (i.e. maiden name), please notify the Admissions Office.
- SAT/ACT examinations are required for all bachelor degree programs and the associates degree program in Renewable Energy. SAT/ACT examinations are recommended for all other associates degree programs.
- One Letter of Recommendation and a personal essay is required.