Online TutoringTutoring Services
NightOWL Online Tutoring
The AEC is able to provide online tutoring because Morrisville has opted into STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York Consortium). Besides Morrisville, the other colleges participating are Albany, Alfred State, Binghamton, Buffalo, Buffalo State, Cobleskill, Cortland, Finger Lakes Community College, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Poly, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, and Ulster Community College. The various colleges hire tutors who can help students attending any of the participating campuses.
Schedule of Online Tutoring
Online tutoring for Summer 2016 will be available 7:00 PM to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from June 6 to August 15 for the following subjects:
- Writing (for assignments in classes below the 400-level) and math (pre-algebra, algebra, statistics, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and Calculus I) assistance
- Chemistry assistance up to CHEM 122
- Biology assistance up to BIOL 150
- Accounting assistance for 100-level courses
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor:
- Students may email papers, assignments, questions, etc. that they would like to work on with the tutors to email@example.com. Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but you have to enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00 p.m. and midnight Sundays through Tuesdays to work with a tutor. A tutor will not respond or correct your work and then email it to you. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform. Documents may also be uploaded during the tutoring session itself.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to set up your account.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. You may have to wait because students are helped in the order in which they log on; the tutor should greet you in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
For more information, please contact: