Online TutoringTutoring Services
The AEC is able to provide online tutoring because Morrisville has opted into STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York Consortium). The other colleges participating are Alfred State, Buffalo, Cortland, Delhi, IT, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, and Ulster Community College. The colleges hire tutors who can help students from any of the participating campuses.
Schedule of Online Tutoring
- Accounting Tutoring Available Monday and Thursday nights 7p-midnight
- Math Tutoring Available Sunday through Thursday nights 7p-midnight
- Writing Tutoring Available Sunday through Thursday nights 7p-midnight
Online tutoring will not be available during November 26-30 because of Thanksgiving Break, and the last day of online tutoring for Fall 2013 will be Thursday, 12/12/13.
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor:
- Email papers, assignments, questions, etc. that you would like to work on with the tutor to email@example.com. Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but you have to enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00 p.m. and midnight Sundays through Tuesdays to work with a tutor. A tutor will not respond or correct your work and then email it to you. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp .
- Click on the "Sign In Here" link. Enter the information requested.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. You may have to wait because students are helped in the order in which they log on; the tutor should greet you in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
If anyone has questions about online tutoring, please contact: