Online TutoringTutoring Services
NightOWL Online Tutoring
The AEC is able to provide online tutoring because Morrisville has opted into STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York Consortium). Besides Morrisville, the other colleges participating are Albany, Alfred State, Binghamton, Buffalo, Buffalo State, Cortland, Delhi, IT, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, and Ulster Community College. The various colleges hire tutors who can help students from any of the participating campuses.
Schedule of Online Tutoring
During Spring 2015, NightOwl online tutoring will be available Sunday, February 1, 2015, through Thursday, May 7, 2015.
- Writing assistance is available online Sunday through Thursday nights 7p-midnight (with two tutors online Sunday and Tuesday nights).
- Math assistance is available online Sunday through Thursday nights 7p-midnight.
- Chemistry assistance is available online Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights 7p-midnight.
- Accounting assistance is available online Monday nights 7p-midnight.
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor:
- Email papers, assignments, questions, etc. that you would like to work on with the tutor to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents can be sent to this email at any time, but you have to enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00 p.m. and midnight Sundays through Tuesdays to work with a tutor. A tutor will not respond or correct your work and then email it to you. To receive online tutoring, a student must interact with the tutor in the online platform.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp .
- Click on the "Sign In Here" link. Enter the information requested.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. You may have to wait because students are helped in the order in which they log on; the tutor should greet you in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.
For more information, please contact: