College Conservation Coalition
The mission of the Morrisville State College Conservation Coalition is to promote environmental stewardship to the college community through education and advocacy. Comprised of faculty, staff and students, the Coalition serves as a catalyst for the college community to reduce waste and implement environmentally sustainable initiatives.
Morrisville State College Goes Trayless!
Seneca Dining Center went trayless at the start of the Fall 2010 semester! Going trayless saves water, results in less detergents used (therefore less chemicals in the waste water) and reduces food waste. It also has health benefits - less food is taken, meaning less calories are consumed. Learn More About Going Trayless
- Eliminating Styrofoam in Dining Services, integrating compostable packaging
- Controlling building temperatures within a 4 degree range
- Delamping - eliminating florescent tubes where practical
- Utilizing compact florescent bulbs in all residence halls
- Upgrading to Energy Star washers in student laundry facilities
- Using 2 hybrid and 8 electric vehicles
- Installing energy meters in 5 buildings to monitor and assess energy use