Town & GownTown & Gown
As you settle in to your residence hall or off campus apartment, you can look forward to many exciting opportunities on the campus and in our local community. There are many community organizations and historic locations located in our village- the college itself is included! We encourage you to explore Morrisville and its surrounding areas as it can only enhance your college experience. We are proud of our village and the college and hope that you will leave with fond memories and come back to visit often. Here is some general information about the village that you may find helpful:
- The Village’s code enforcement officer inspects all off-campus student housing options located within the Village. If you have questions about property maintenance, he is more than willing to help you. He can be reached at 684-7007.
- Overnight parking is prohibited in certain areas; please check the posted signs for more information. Please check the parking signs along the street for available areas to park. Please call the Village Clerk at 684-7007 if you have any questions.
- For your safety both the Madison County Sheriff and the New York State police have substations located in the village. Your first point of contact while on campus should always be the MSC University Police, but these officers can assist you off-campus or as backup.
- The Morrisville Fire Department is always looking for new volunteers. If you are already a volunteer firefighter you can transfer to our district as well. Please stop at the fire house on Rte. 20 any Tuesday night for more information.
- The Smithfield-Eaton Ambulance (SEVAC) is looking for volunteers. Please stop by their headquarters on Cedar Street for more information.
- We recycle on campus and off! Residence Halls have their own recycling rooms but off campus students are encouraged to be green as well. In addition to regular trash pickup we publish a recycling guide that lists special pickup days for yard waste and electronics. You can learn more about Madison County’s recycling programs here. (https://www.madisoncounty.ny.gov/solid-waste/recycling-programs)
If you have any questions about relevant issues and policies which affect student life, please do not hesitate to stop by the Village Office at 23 Cedar Street or call 315-684-7007. You can also send an email to VillageofMorrisville@frontiernet.net. Our thanks in advance for your continued cooperation and best wishes for a great upcoming year!