Eligibility for EOPEducational Opportunity Program
You must meet all of the following five requiremnts to be eligible for the Educational Opportunity Program:
- Be a first-time college student or transfer from another EOP, HEOP, SEEK, or equivalent program.
- Be a resident of New York State.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency (GED) by the time of enrollment at Morrisville.
- Be unable to be admitted to the college under regular admission guidelines, yet have the potential to successfully complete college-level work.
- Meet household income requirements.
You will need to fill out the EOP Supplemental Form
Household Income Requirements
Total Annual Income in Prev. Calendar Year*
|Household Size||Category A||Category B||Category C|
- A - Supported by one or more individuals whose combined total annual income is from Social Security or sources other than employment and which does not exceed the applicable amount under "Category A" above.
- B - Supported by one or more worker(s) whose combined total annual income does not exceed the applicable amount under "Category B" above.
- C - For households supported by one worker with two or more employers, which does not exceed the applicable amount under "Category C" above.
Income Guidelines Also Do Not Apply If:
- The student’s family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance; or through a county Department of Social Services; or Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance;
- The student lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college and the student’s natural parents provide no such support;
- The student is a ward of the state or county.