School Codes

Federal - 002859
TAP (Associate Degree) - 3030
TAP (Bachelor Degree) - 6030

Financial Aid

Phone: (315) 684-6289
Fax: (315) 684-6628
Whipple Administration Building, 3rd Floor

Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Regents Awards for Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans

Financial Aid

Grants are awarded to New York State residents who are children of certain deceased or disabled veterans and who attend approved public and independent colleges and schools in New York State. 

Applications are accepted from a child of a veteran who died, or who has a current disability of 50 percent or more, or who had such disability at the time of death, resulting from U.S. military service during one of the following periods: 

April 16, 1917-November 11, 1918; 

December 7, 1941-December 31, 1946;  

June 25, 1950-July 27, 1953; 

October 1, 1961-March 29, 1973; 

and who is a legal resident of New York State. The parent must be a legal resident of New York State at the time of entry into military service, or, if the parent died as the result of military service, at the time of death. Students whose parents served in the Persian Gulf conflict may also be eligible. 

Regents awards to children of deceased or disabled veterans are independent of family income or tuition charge, and are in addition to such other grants or awards to which the applicant may be entitled. The amount of the award is $450 per year, for up to five years, depending on the normal length of the program of study, of full-time study in a college or in a hospital nursing school in New York State. A special application, obtainable from a high school principal or counselor, must be filed with the New York Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, New York 12255. Documentary evidence to establish eligibility is required with the application. Any high school counselor can provide assistance with this.