The mission of the Health Center is to tend to the physical and mental health needs of the Morrisville State College student body. All students are encouraged to visit the Student Health Center for any non-emergency medical problems or illnesses they may have.
Students are also encouraged to call and make an appointment with one of our personal counselors to address emotional needs or if they have difficulties adjusting to the rigors of college life.
Our goal is to tend to student health needs, and in doing so, enhance the educational experience here at Morrisville State College.
The Health Center Provides:
- Examination, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of common health problems such as asthma, upper respiratory infections, viral illnesses , urinary tract infections, orthopedic concerns and anxiety/depression.
- Individual counseling is available by our professional staff.
- Woman's health exams to include pap smears, birth control counseling and diagnosic cultures.
- Confidential HIV/STD testing and counseling by appointment.
- Instruction and teaching regarding illness, injury, medications and methods of health promotion.
- Laboratory diagnostics to include throat cultures for strep, urinalysis, urine pregnancy tests, influenza virus screening, etc. Other diagnostics such as wound cultures, blood work etc are obtained at the Health Center and then sent to a registered lab for analysis. Xrays and more advised testing is completed at Community Memorial Hospital, Hamilton and other local health facilities. Student's insurance will be billed for these outside services.
- If deemed appropriate by our health care team referrals are made to local specialists ( orthopedists, alllergists, psychiatrists, dermatologists, gastroenterologist, urologists, gynecologists, etc.)
- A limited number of medications are available at the Health Center at no cost. If additional prescription medications are needed students will be referred to the local pharmacy. (students insurance will be billed for prescriptions filled outside of the Health Center.
- The Health Center services are free of charge. In order to utilize the center the student must have a physical within 1 year of the date of admission to MSC on file.
- All full-time students taking twelve credit hours are required to have Health Insurance.