SUNY Program Review
Program Review and Assessment of Student Learning in the Major
According to SUNY Policy, each campus, following existing curriculum and governance procedures, is responsible for overseeing program review and the assessment of student learning in academic majors. Campuses and programs have maximum autonomy in the development of assessment plans for academic majors, but it is recommended that plans reflect input from faculty, professional staff and students. The assessment of student learning outcomes is only a part of the comprehensive program review process academic programs should undergo on a regular basis in order to stay current and provide the best possible education to their majors.
In carrying out their assessment plan, all programs shall:
- Complete one cycle of assessment every five to seven years, or on a cycle of programmatic accreditation of ten years or less;
- Include measures of student learning outcomes;
- Seek review of their final assessment report by an external review team, including a campus visit and report to the chief academic officers;
- Include a strategy for measuring, specific to designated learning outcomes, change in students' knowledge and skills over time.
Programmatic accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the Commission on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Secretary of Education that includes assessment of student learning satisfies the requirement for program review and assessment of student learning in the major.
The following webpage contains Morrisville State College student data by academic program, SUNY Program Review Resources, and programmatic samples.
- What does SUNY Want?
- Schedule of Program Reviews (Excel)
(Provided by the Office of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs)
- What questions may the review team address?
- What institutional information might we include in our self-study document?
- Institutional Information for the Program Review Process (Word)
- Detailed Sections of Self-Study Document
and Additional Information for Student Data (Word)
- Recent Program Review Samples
- SUNY Reporting Form (Word)
- SUNY Assessment Resources
- Glossary of Terms (Word)
- Program-Specific Documents
- Ag Bus AAS 2008
- Ag Sci AAS 2008
- Arch Stu and Design AS 2008
- Auto Mgt BBA 2008
- Auto Tech AAS 2008
- Auto Tech BTech 2008
- Dairy Mgt BTech 2008
- Equ Racing Mgt AAS 2008
- Equ Sci BTech 2008
- Equine Sci and Mgt AAS 2008
- Info Tech Appl Soft Dev 2008
- Liberal Arts and Sci Humn and Social Sci AA 2008
- Massage Therapy AAS 2008
- Unit Assessment Plan Form 2011-2012 (Academic Units) INSTRUCTIONS
- Unit Assessment Plan Format 2011-2012 (AES Units Only)
- Wood Products Tech AAS 2008
- Accounting and Business Adm 2009
- Food Service Adm AAS 2009
- Gaming and Casino Mgt and Casino Career Dev 2009
- Info Tech Appl Software Dev BTech 2009
- Info Tech Elet Market and Publ BTech 2009
- Info Tech End-User Support BTech 2009
- Info Tech Mgt BBA 2009
- Info Tech Web Dev BTech 2009
- Mech Eng Tech AAS 2009
- Renewable Resources Tech BTech 2009