- All coursework meets the Standards proposed by NAEYC for Associate Degree Programs for Early Childhood. This will allow the Institution to apply for NAEYC Certification of the program when it becomes available to Colleges in New York State.
- All coursework integrates Anti-bias/Diversity Training into the curriculum.
- Specific and detailed needs of exceptional children will be addressed in the course on special needs children. All other ECHD course will address the needs in relation to inclusion and diversity in a mainstream classroom which supports the goals of New York State Education Department.
- Students have the opportunity to work cooperatively and develop strong team-building skills within the student population for this A.A.S. Degree Program. This can include participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Morrisville State College is well known for its focus on technology and information literacy. Our degree requires a library resource course as well as a computer concepts and applications course. This would allow for greater in-depth research into the most updated methods and theories, involvement with various organizations related to Early Childhood, etc.
- Early Childhood curriculum development and implementation includes an arts integration model of curriculum.
- With the help of instructors/professors in Early Childhood, all students are required to create and build comprehensive portfolio which will begin with the Introduction to Early Childhood Course and follow them throughout the program.
- Coursework and extra curricular activities encourage an Advocacy for change and activism model for professionals in the field of early childhood as well as for young children.