Agricultural Engineering Department
Welcome to the Department of Agricultural Engineering web pages. The Department is one of five departments within the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology in Morrisville. The Department is operating under the following stated objectives:
- To help the student master the basic skills of a vocation for which he or she has aptitude and in which job opportunities exist.
- To develop the Agricultural Mechanics student’s abilities in technical and scientific subject matter necessary to obtain full-time employment in the field.
- To develop the Agricultural Engineering student’s abilities in technical and scientific subject matter necessary to successfully continue studies in the field.
- To develop in the individual student desirable character traits, attitudes, and work ethics for successful employment in our society.
- To furnish an adequate advisory program enabling a student to select his or her technical goals realistically based upon his or her ability, interests, and educational opportunities.
- To provide an opportunity for career exploration.
- To provide the student a program that reflects changes in occupations and employment.
- To reflect occupational training interests of students in curricular offerings.
- To develop individuals who are sociologically well adapted and enable them to become viable contributors to society.
- To provide sufficiently trained individuals to supply the needs of the many fields of the Agricultural Mechanization industry.
We hope that you find our web pages informative and helpful. If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact us.