What advice would you give current students?
“I know it sounds cliché, but no matter how hard things may seem at the moment, you should always know that there is someone out there who has it worse than you do and that should be your motivation while trying to achieve your goals. There will be obstacles. There will be hardship, but when those times come around, focus on where you want to be in life and make that your motivation to continue working hard. Also be versatile and be teachable.”
Business Administration B.B.A.
Future Business Leaders Of America – Phi Beta Lambda (PBL)
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) education association with a quarter million members and advisers in over 6,500 active middle school, high school, and college chapters worldwide. Its mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs. A Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) Chapter was established as of Fall 2011 at Morrisville State College – The purpose of PBL is to provide opportunities for postsecondary students to develop business-related career competencies. PBL is an integral part of the instructional program and promotes a sense of civic and personal responsibility. This organization is open to ALL Disciplines within MSC, provided the student accepts the purpose of PBL, and subscribes to its creed, which is to have interest in developing knowledge in areas of Business-Education, Leadership, and Service. The specific goals of PBL are to:
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to work
New York State (NYS) PBL Website and Social Media Links:
The association is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, just outside Washington, DC. For more information, please visit www.fbla-pbl.org.