Culinary Arts Management A.A.S.
Upon completion of this program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge required of culinarians and apply them in a commercial kitchen operation.
- Demonstrate industry-standard knowledge and skills regarding sanitation, food safety, nutrition and supervision in the hospitality industry.
- Anticipate and manage labor and food costs in order to operate an economically sustainable establishment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a professional bakery.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a professional kitchen as a prep, line and pantry cook.
- Demonstrate an understanding of purchasing in the hospitality industry by writing food specifications, applying purchasing practices, interpreting market trends, using new technology applications, and analyzing operational cost control.
- Explain basic concepts involved in marketing and how they can be applied to food service operations to facilitate financial objectives.
- Identify and illustrate the basic elements of equipment design and layout in food service facilities.
- Possess an extensive business portfolio that displays an up to date resume, cover letter, skill set, work philosophy, career goals and extensive work samples.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global hospitality industry and how the food service industry fits