Equine Science B.Tech.
Equine Knowledge & Skills Scholarship Competition
All High School students and transfer students are encouraged to attend the Morrisville State College Equine Science Department Scholarship Competition. High School students with an average greater than or equal to 80% or a GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 are eligible to participate in the Equine Department Scholarship Competition on April 18, 2013. Home-schooled students should submit a portfolio of courses completed and an essay describing their experiences in the equine industry.
A student may compete for the scholarships in more than one year. However, only one scholarship per student will be applied toward tuition at Morrisville State College. If an individual wins a smaller scholarship, (s)he may compete the next year for a larger scholarship and the larger of the scholarships will be applied toward tuition.
In order to take part in the scholarship competition, student’s applications must be received by the scholarship committee by April 8, 2013.
Results – 2013 Morrisville State College Equine Scholarship Competition
Congratulations to the following winners in this year’s competition:
- Grand Champion - $2,500 – Caroline Detzi – Pen Argyl, PA
- Reserve Champion - $1,500 – Chelsea Baird – East Greenbush, NY
- $750 – Matthew VanHeusen – Georgetown, NY
- $750 – Courtney Eberle – Randolph, NY
- $750 – Kathryn Jackson – Bellmore, NY
- $750 – Jennifer Manning – E Setauket, NY
- $750 - Jennifer Sandore – Baldwinsville, NY