Office Administration :: Internships
The internship opportunity is available and highly recommended (if not required) to all Office Administration or Office Technology students.
- Students must have completed OFFT 113/114 as well as BSAD 140 - Business Communications.
- Summer Internships are available and encouraged.
- Flexibility exists where a student currently working in an office setting can receive college credit(s) while receiving pay for their employment.
- One credit hour is awarded per every 45 hours worked in an internship. A maximum of two credit hours can be awarded.
- Internship opportunities exist on campus (for local students) as well as off campus.
Past internships have included (but are not limited to) the following:
- Gray Syracuse, Inc. - Chittenango, NY
- Cossitt Concrete - Hamilton, NY
- Sedgwick Capital - Syracuse, NY
- NE Med. Family Physicians - Fayetteville, NY
- Madison Mutual Insurance - Chittenango, NY
- Nodell, Kendall and Jones - Hamilton, NY
- King & King Architects - Manlius, NY
- Town of Crawford Police Department - Crawford, NY
- North Shore Hospital - Manhasset, NY
- and many more...
- Admission Office
- Alumni Office
- Human Resources Office
- Morrisville Auxiliary Corp.
- School of Business Office
Internships not only allow the student with a work experience opportunity to assist with their resume building, but it also allows the student an opportunity to see what it is like first hand to work in an office environment. Plus, companies are interested in partnering with this internship because they get to see a student's strength and weakness prior to possibly hiring a student, should an opening become available. It is just another door that could open for a Morrisville State Office Technology graduate.
The program has achieved wonderful success in placing students in internship environments, with many students being offered full-time positions at the completion of their internship.