“While I have seen many such [renewable energy] programs in the US and Canada, I have seen none which compare to Morrisville’s. In terms of diversity of programs, quality of faculty and staff, depth of instruction and ‘passion,’ [MSC’s Renewable Energy program] is far ahead of the competition.”
Renewable Energy Technology A.A.S.
Graduates of the A.A.S. degree program in Renewable Energy Technology may enter the job market as entry-level installers and service technicians for small renewable energy systems, including small wind, solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, micro hydroelectric, and biofuels systems.
Students will gain experience with electrical engineering, residential construction and diesel engine systems, which have broad applicability and will prepare students for careers beyond basic systems installers.
Examples of jobs/employment for our graduates:
- Ryan Cabral: RET AAS (Dec 2011), employed in San Diego, California doing energy efficiency audits and installing solar.
- Jacob Casler, RET AAS (Dec 2011), employed by Renovus Energy, Ithaca, NY (installing solar)
- Tyler Palmer RET AAS (May 2011): internship, then hired by Western New York Energy (ethanol plant), Medina, NY
- Ryan Storke, RET AAS (Dec 2012), employed by Cazenovia Equipment’s Energy Division (wind technician and solar PV design), Cazenovia, NY 13035
- Tim Hearne, RET AAS (Dec 2012), employed by Cazenovia Equipment’s Energy Division (wind and ag. equipment repair), Cazenovia, NY 13035
- Mike Roach, RET AAS (May 2012), employed by ETM Solar Works, Endicott, NY and RER Energy Group, East Amherst, NY (Solar PV sales and marketing)