Renewable Energy B.Tech.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the RE B.Tech. a successful graduate will be able to:
1. Describe basic social, political, economic and ecological factors impacting renewable energy resources and systems regionally, nationally and abroad.
2. Demonstrate problem-solving skills and critical thinking in both hands-on and written technical environments.
3. Assess renewable energy resources for residential and farm-scale renewable energy systems in wind, solar PV, solar thermal, micro hydroelectricity and/or bioenergy for a wide range of sites and client objectives.
4. Design residential and farm-scale renewable energy systems in wind, solar PV, solar thermal, micro hydroelectricity and/or bioenergy based on thorough resource assessment and client requirements.
5. Install, maintain, and troubleshoot renewable energy systems.
6. Perform an energy site assessment and develop a comprehensive energy system proposal for a prospective client and defend the proposal rationale in written and verbal discussion.
7. Work safely and responsibly in groups with diverse individuals