"I found my home at Morrisville State College after transferring from FIT. I chose Morrisville's entrepreneurship and small business management program because it was very business-focused and hands-on."
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management B.B.A.
Morrisville State College’s entrepreneurship program offers the perfect complement to the strong programs that the college offers in technical and business areas. MSC students develop skills and capabilities in technical areas such as agriculture, automotive technology, engineering technologies, construction, computer technologies, and more. When these students are able to couple this foundation with an exposure to entrepreneurship they will be in possession of a unique and valuable education experience. Students will develop values of individual initiative, self-empowerment, and innovation.
Students will have the opportunity to collaborate with Syracuse University’s Entrepreneurship community initiatives as part of their field experiences.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to
- Seek, identify and seize opportunities
- Measure and take calculated risks necessary for success in business enterprises
- Formulate and carry out an effective business plan
- Identify, procure and organize needed resources from financial backing to personnel
- Create and operate a business
Students will learn
- How to start a business, including the legal issues involved with contracts, funding and finance, location issues, types of business organizations, franchising, buying a business, product liability, insurance, intellectual property, taxes, harvesting and how, when and where to get legal help
- The basics of human resources management and how to handle the problems, questions, and projects necessary to assess and manage human resource issues in contemporary global organizations
- Product and venture creation and innovation in the creation of ideas for new businesses. Graduates will be able to identify and evaluate new opportunities and turn those opportunities into viable businesses