How did your education at Morrisville get you to where you are today?
"My education at Morrisville has been the keystone of my professional life. Morrisville offered plenty of good experiences with clinical rotations, hands on labs, and plenty of excellent mentors."
During clinical practice, nursing theory and experience in clinical settings are correlated in order to enhance a student's ability to develop critical thinking and clinical judgment skills related to clinical nursing practice. Students rotate through a variety of different health care agencies in order to broaden their experience in the nursing field.
After completing Fundamentals of Nursing IA (ADNR 105), students will have clinical experiences with the direct supervision and assistance of a nursing faculty member at various clinical facilities listed below.
Hospital and community sites for clinical practice are located in the cities of Syracuse, Utica,Oneida, Norwich and Cooperstown, as well as the neighboring communities of Hamilton, andMorrisville. Community observational experiences are also incorporated within the clinical experience.
The clinical ratio of students per faculty member never exceeds 7-8:1, providing for individual student attention and direction in the clinical setting.
Bus transportation is provided from campus to all clinical sites for a nominal fee. Students must provide their own transportation during the second half of the fourth semester during the "Transition into Practice" clinical experience. This experience is individualized for each senior student.
Clinical facility sites include:
- Chenango Memorial Hospital, Norwich
- Community General Hospital, Syracuse
- Community Memorial Hospital, Hamilton
- Crouse Community Center, Morrisville
- Oneida Health Care Center, Oneida
- Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital, Cooperstown
- Mohawk Valley Psychiatric Center
- NYS Veterans Home at Oxford, Oxford
- St. Joseph's Hospital Health Care Center, Syracuse
- Faxton-St. Luke's Health Care, Utica
- University Medical Center, Syracuse
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, Syracuse