Explanation of FeesStudent Accounts
|Mandatory Fees For Full Time Students||Per Semester||Per Year|
|State University Fee||$13||$25|
|Student Activity Fee||$87||$174|
|Student Athletic Fee||$178||$356|
|Health Services Fee||$138||$275|
|Medical Insurance all full-time campus students unless covered||$636||$1,272|
|International Student Insurance non-US citizens - no waivers honored||$477||$954|
|Orientation Fee all freshmen - one time fee||$85|
|Technology Fee all full-time students - campus and Norwich||$183||$365|
|Dormitory Services Fee Mandatory for ALL rooms||$355||$710|
|Transportation Fee all main campus students for use of the MAC Shuttle||$90||$180|
- State University Fee: Mandatory for all students. Used to reduce debt service with the New York State Dormitory Authority.
- Student Activity Fee: Mandatory for all students. Funds the programs and activities of the Student Government Organization.
- Student Athletic Fee: Mandatory for all campus students. Funds the Men's and Women's intercollegiate sports program including team transportation, uniforms, etc.
- Health Services Fee: Mandatory fee providing some medications and laboratory procedures through the Student Health Center at no additional cost.
- Medical Insurance: All students enrolling for 12 or more credit hours are required to have health insurance. If you are insured under your parent's plan or a private, pre-existing plan, complete and return the waiver form. WAIVERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES. Comprehensive coverage for medical expenses, generally incurred off-campus, arising from covered accidents and sicknesses. The benefits of this program are designed to complement, not duplicate, service provided by the Student Health Center.
- International Student Insurance: Comprehensive coverage for medical expenses, generally incurred off-campus, including medical evacuation and repatriation benefits, arising from covered accidents and sicknesses. This insurance charge is mandatory for international students and scholars, F-1 and J-1 visas, and for students studying abroad. Insurance waivers will not be honored.
- Technology Fee: Mandatory fee for all students providing access to various computer services.
- Dormitory Services Fee: Mandatory for all residence hall residents. Includes use of washers and dryers, ability to receive cable television, high quality FM reception and a Nextel phone with free local service.
- Alumni Membership: Optional one-time fee providing Alumni Association benefits, including: reunions with classmates, Alumni News subscription, alumni web site, affinity credit card, group insurance opportunities, travel packages, professional networking, mentoring, regional get-togethers, SUNYCard privileges for long-lines rates, use of SUNY libraries. Students wishing to permanently waive this fee must submit a written request to the bursar by the end of the fifth week of classes.
- Fitness Fee: Optional fee to use the Fitness Center.
- Drop/Add Fee: Charged for any schedule changes after the first week of classes.
- Administrative Late Payment Fee: One time fee charged to all students who do not prepay (Settle their Bill) by the scheduled deadline.
- Late Payment Fee: Charged after the pre-payment deadline and may be added to semester billing statements.
- Late Registration Fee: Charged to anyone who registers after the first day of classes.
- Returned Check Fee:
All checks returned by a bank due to insufficient funds will be assessed a $30.00 returned check charge. Payment must then be made in the form of a money order, certified check, cash, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.
A $50.00 late payment fee will be assessed if the returned check was in payment of your semester charges.
We reserve the right to protest a returned check.