Travel Policy

Travel Center

Airline Tickets

Morrisville State College requires that all airline tickets be purchased from Morrisville State Travel or our travel partner BTI Travel. Tickets must be billed to the Morrisville State College credit card. Your dean/supervisor must obtain an approval number from Rhonda Davis at 684-6445. Do not pay for your airline ticket yourself; the college will not reimburse.

Hotel/Meal Per Diem

Current lodging and meal rates are updated at and select per diem rates. You must give all hotels in New York state a tax exempt form upon arrival.

Car Rental

All car rental companies require a valid drivers license and credit card in the renter's own name.

Car Rental in New York state

If the vehicle is rented in New York state, loss damage waiver insurance (LDW) is not necessary. PAI (Personal Auto Injury) and CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) insurance are not reimbursable.

Out-of-state Car Rental

LDW should be purchased. CDW/LDW and sales tax will be reimbursed. No other insurance will be reimbursed. Travelers are expected to fill the car's gas tank prior to returning to the renting agency to avoid excessive fill-up charges.

All hotel and car rentals must be paid for by the traveler. Travel receipts must be submitted with your travel voucher when your return. Reimbursement will not be made without receipts with the exception on meals. Meals are reimbursed at the current per diem rate.

Please see your school office for more detailed information in the Travel Manual issued by the Morrisville State College Business Office.