Frequently Asked Questions – Procedures for Returning to Campus
Prior to Your Return
There are several items students must complete before returning to campus for the Spring 2021 semester. Please refer to our Testing Procedures webpage for full details.
When is move-in?
Residential move-in days for the Spring 2021 semester will be held Friday, Feb. 5 through Sunday, Feb. 7, with a maximum of 350 students per day. The Office of Residence Life will assign you a move-in date, and you must move in on that day.
Mandatory pooled saliva testing will be conducted for all students upon arrival, as well, and will be required weekly for all students throughout the semester.
What procedures must be followed in my hall?
- Wear a mask or face covering in all common areas and hallways.
- Remain at least six feet apart at all times when possible.
What will room capacity be?
Traditional housing options of single- and double-rooms will be offered. If you are interested in a specific kind of housing, please contact the Office of Residence Life. For any questions or needs concerning accessibility, please contact the Office of Accessibility Services.
What do I do if I am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19?
If you develop symptoms of possible COVID-19, PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR ROOM or YOUR HOME and adhere to the following steps:
- Immediately notify each of their professors that you will not be attending class, and also notify your head coach that you will not be attending any team activities.
- Contact the SUNY Morrisville Student Health Center at 315.684.6078,if during operating hours (M-F, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.), or their primary care physician or a local urgent care to determine if testing is warranted.
- Follow guidance provided to you through Step 2 and closely monitor your symptoms. If you develop any of the following symptoms: trouble breathing; persistent pain or pressure in your chest; inability to stay awake; new confusion; or bluish lips or face; seek emergency care by CALLING 911 or CALL AHEAD TO YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ROOM.