The Cotton Business Idea Competition gives students a chance to take their idea to the next level. Students will submit their application online and a panel of judges will review the applications. The top eight business ideas will be selected to present their idea on Thursday, February 21, at 4:00 pm in the Hospitality Suite.
Students will describe their business idea. In describing their business idea, the student submission will address these questions. Does it solve a problem, or fill a market need? Who will use your product/service? What are the benefits of your product or service? How do you plan to make money and fund the idea? Apply online in 250 words or less.
Applications open: January 21, 2019
Application deadline: February 8, 2019
First round winners announced: February 12, 2019
Finals Presentations: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Review of presentation: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Eligibility to compete in the 2019 Business Idea Competition is subject to the following criteria:
- All members of a team or individuals competing must be currently registered students at SUNY Morrisville.
- All applications must be submitted online by February 8, 2019, Morrisville Home page. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Only one entry per person.
- A person can only be on one team.
- Established businesses do not qualify for this competition.
- Eight finalists will be selected from the preliminary round by February 12, 2019. Finalists will be notified by email.
- Four to five minute presentation of your idea.
- Four to five minutes of questions from the judges.
- Finalist must use PowerPoint or Prezi software.
- Business attire required for presentations. No submissions will be returned.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Prize money will be credited to the student’s Morrisville account.