The Cotton Business Idea Competition gives students a chance to take their idea to the next level. Students will submit their application online and a panel of judges will review the applications. The top six business ideas will be selected to present their idea on Thursday, March 5, at 3:30 p.m. in the Hospitality Suite.
Students will briefly describe their business idea. In describing the business idea, the student submission will address these questions:
- Does it solve a problem, or fill a market need?
- Who will benefit from your product/service?
- What are the benefits of your product or service?
- How do you plan to earn profit and fund the idea?
Apply online in 250 words or less.
Applications open: Feb. 3, 2020
Application deadline: Feb. 17, 2020
First round winners announced: Feb. 24, 2020
Finals: Presentations on Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 3:30 p.m
- All members of a team or individuals competing must be currently registered students at SUNY Morrisville.
- All applications must be submitted online by February 17, 2020, Morrisville webpage. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Only one entry per person.
- A person can only be on one team.
- Established businesses do not qualify for this competition.
- Six finalists will be selected from the preliminary round by February 24, 2020, and will be notified by email.
- Five minute Power Point or Prezi presentation of your idea.
- Up to three minutes of questions from the judges.
- Business attire required for presentations. No submissions will be returned.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- Prize money will be credited to the student’s Morrisville account.