Stephanie L. Lawhorne
Director of the Tutoring Center
Nightowl Online Tutoring
The Tutoring Center is able to provide online tutoring through its membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. Besides Morrisville, some of the other colleges participating are Albany, Alfred State, Binghamton, Buffalo, Buffalo State, Cobleskill, Columbia-Greene CC, Corning CC, Cortland, Erie CC, Finger Lakes CC, Genesee CC, Maritime, New Paltz, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Poly, Tompkins-Cortland Community College, and Ulster Community College. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
SCHEDULE OF ONLINE TUTORING
NightOWL services for Spring 2018 will be available 7:00 PM to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from Tuesday, January 30, through Thursday, May 10, for the following subjects:
- Writing (for any classes below the 400-level, excluding foreign languages)
- Math (SKLS 091; MAGN 101; and MATH 102, 103, 123, 141, 147, 151)
- Chemistry up to CHEM 242
- Biology up to BIOL 151
- Physics up to PHYS 108
- PSYC 101
- ECON 100 and 140
- Nursing (NURS) at the introductory level
- Computer Science (COSC) at the introductory level
- Accounting (ACCT) through 300-level courses
- Writing assignments at the 400-level and master's level (only Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays)
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor:
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the online tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account in the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. You may have to wait because students are helped in the order in which they log on; the tutors should greet you in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard when you enter their rooms.