Pursuant to the NYS Educational Law Article 129-A, section 6431 the Personal Safety & Campus Security Committee reviews current campus security policies and procedures and makes recommendations for their improvement. The committee specifically reviews current policies and procedures for:
- educating the campus community, including security personnel and those persons who advise or supervise students, about sexual assault.
- educating the campus community about personal safety and crime prevention
- reporting sexual assaults and dealing with involved individuals during investigations
- referring complaints to appropriate authorities
- counseling involved individuals
- responding to inquiries from persons concerned about campus safety
The committee consists of a minimum of six members, at least half of whom are female, two students appointed by Student Association, two faculty members appointed by the Faculty Congress, and two individuals appointed by the President. The committee reports in writing, to the college President or Provost on its findings and recommendations at least once each academic year, and such reports shall be available upon request. For more information regarding the Personal Safety/Campus Security Committee, please contact the Chief of University Police at 315-684-6410.