Impact Area: SUNY Morrisville (Morrisville campus, Norwich campus, EOC)
Author: Human Resources
As a New York State employee, there are restrictions on how much outside work may be performed and limitations on conducting outside business while employed at SUNY Morrisville.
- Intra-campus mail system may not be used to promote personal business. Use of state-owned equipment for personal business is prohibited.
- Personal business may not be conducted during your working hours (e.g., selling materials, in person or on the phone, or via personal cellular phone).
- Performing extra service work for another state agency requires the permission of the College President. Earnings are limited to a maximum of 20% of annual salary for extra service with another State agency. (The required forms for extra service are available in the Office of Human Resources.)
- Employment that interferes with ability to complete professional obligation is prohibited.
- SUNY Morrisville employees may use the “Notification of Outside Activity/Consulting” form as notification of engagement in professional and outside activities and consulting. This notification should be completed before engaging in any outside activity/consulting and returned to the ethics officer who is currently Amy McLaughlin, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com. The form can be found here.
- SUNY Morrisville’s “ADMIN-111 Code of Ethics Policy”
- NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government – Outside Activities