The EOP Pre-College Summer Institute runs for approximately five weeks -- PLEASE PACK ACCORDINGLY.
After the completion of the program, each student MUST take home ALL of their belongings; there is no place for storage on campus before the fall semester.
You Will Need to Bring
- Alarm clock
- Business casual attire (there is a closing semi-formal banquet at the end of the program)
- Clothes hangers
- Extra-long power strip cord/surge protector
- Fan - July can be hot and humid; there is no air-conditioning in the residence halls.
- Hand sanitizer
- Laundry supplies
- Detergent, softener, bleach, etc.
- Extra-long Twin bed sheets (80” x 36”)
- Mattress pad
- Bath towels
- Money/Change for vending machines, etc.
- Shower shoes
- Sun block
- Toiletries and personal hygiene items/tote to carry items to bathroom
Do Not Bring
- Air Conditioners
- Alcohol/illegal drugs
- Appliances such as:
- Coffee pots
- Hotplates/electric grills
- Toasters or toaster ovens
- Candles, incense, or potpourri pots
- Fire Arms/weapons of any kind
- Halogen lamps
- Nails/tacks for hanging decorations
- Portable Heaters
Suggested Items to Bring
- First Aid items (basic)
- Postage stamps and envelopes
- Room cleaning supplies
Educational Opportunity Program