Financial Aid FAQ

School Codes

Federal: 002859

TAP (Associate Degree): 3030

TAP (Bachelor Degree): 6030

Frequently Asked Questions

Here we've answered some common questions about financial aid.

Financial Aid consists of Grants, Loans, Scholarships, and Student Employment.

Yes. If you don’t fill out the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA), you could be missing out on a lot of financial aid! We’ve heard a number of reasons students think they shouldn’t complete the FAFSA. Here are a few:

  • “I (or my parents) make too much money, so I won’t qualify for aid.”
  • “Only students with good grades get financial aid.”
  • “The FAFSA is too hard to fill out.”
  • “I’m too old to qualify for financial aid.”

If you think any of these statements apply to you, then you should read “Myths About Financial Aid.” The reality is, EVERYONE should fill out the FAFSA!

Completing the FAFSA is the first step toward getting federal aid for college. The FAFSA application is free and quick, and it gives you access to the largest source of financial aid. When completing online, there are detailed instructions for every question, and the form walks you through step by step, asking only the questions that apply to you. If you need help, you can access real-time, private online chat with a customer service representative.

Students and Parents (of dependent students) will need an FSA ID and Password to login and complete the application. Register for your ID.

Once you have your FSA ID and password, you can start the application process.

You will need tax information and W-2 statements from the prior year.

Yes. There is an additional application that can be completed.

Yes. Morrisville allows you to perform most of the financial aid process online using Web for Students.

Notify the Office of Financial Aid immediately. You may need to complete a Special Conditions Form.

According to the federal government, you must meet at least one of the following: 

  • 24 years of age
  • Married
  • Active military or Veteran
  • Dependent(s) that you support
  • Orphan/Ward of the Court/Foster care

For help determining your dependency status, visit the Federal Student Aid Website.

Subsidized Loans – The government pays the interest while you are enrolled.

Unsubsidized Loans – These loans accrue interest when the loan is disbursed.

For both, repayment begins six months after no longer being enrolled or graduated.

Yes. In addition to student loans, the federal government provides the Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS), which is subject to credit approval each year. 

Yes. For more information, contact the Office of Student Accounts at 315.684.6069.

Work study is a federal program that allows the student to work 8 hours per week on campus; earnings do not go toward the bill. The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility.

The federal government randomly selects FAFSA applications to be reviewed for accuracy. You will receive notification if you need to provide documents to the Office of Financial Aid. You may also see this in outstanding requirements located in your Web for Students account.

Yes. If you would like financial aid, you are required to complete a FAFSA each year. 

Any time after October 1; it is best to have your taxes filed first. However, you do have the option to use estimated income.  

The FAFSA application does calculate your federal PELL Grant eligibility if you qualify. The completion of your FAFSA will direct you to a NYS TAP application if you are a New York State resident.