Make success your business.
Through the SUNY Morrisville Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree program in business administration, you prepare to become a future manager and leader.
Courses in business, accounting, computer applications and general education emphasize concepts, skills and techniques you can transfer directly to the workplace. And, you can match your courses to your personal goals by building a 12-credit concentration* in one of four specialized areas: accounting studies, entrepreneurship, marketing or sport management.
As a graduate of the program, you will have the skills to coordinate, support and manage a broad range of business or government operations.
If you choose to enter postgraduate studies, SUNY Morrisville maintains several transfer agreements through its Accelerated M.B.A. 4+1 option, where you can complete a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science (MS) degree in one year. These include SUNY Oswego, SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Clarkson University, Caldwell University and Syracuse University.
You also can join SUNY Morrisville’s Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA-PBL) Chapter, where you can attend local and national conferences and compete against other accounting and business students in virtual and on-site competitions.
*Concentrations of coursework are available for students who desire to specialize in an area related to a specific employment opportunity. Further details about these concentrations can be found in our college catalog.
Available B.B.A. 12-credit concentrations and courses to choose from include:
- Accounting Studies - Courses: Intermediate Accounting (ACCT 301); Intermediate Financial Accounting II (ACCT 302); Cost Accounting (ACCT 303); and Auditing (ACCT 401).
- Marketing - Courses: Advertising Management (BSAD 327); Consumer Behavior (BSAD 329); Sport Marketing (BSAD 353); Internship in Business (BSAD 391); Global Marketing (BSAD 419) OR Guerrilla Marketing (ENTR 327).
- Entrepreneurship - Courses: Consumer Behavior (BSAD 329); Leading Managing the Family Business (BSAD 330); Management Consulting (BSAD 465); Internship in Business (BSAD 391); Guerrilla Marketing (ENTR 327); Innovation & Venturing Creation (ENTR 342).
- Sport Management - Courses: Intro to Sport Management (BSAD 343); Sport Marketing (BSAD 353); Sport Law (BSAD 418); and Internship in Business (BSAD 391) OR Sport Strategy (BSAD 443).
Combining both theoretical and applied teaching, the Bachelor of Business Administration in Business program (BBA) at SUNY Morrisville is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP accreditation certifies that the teaching and learning processes within the business, sustainability, and entrepreneurship courses offered in the BBA Program meet the rigorous educational standards established by the ACBSP. Students graduating from an ACBSP accredited program possess problem-solving and effective decision-making techniques that are immediately transferable into the workplace and/or applicable to pursing advanced graduate studies (MBA).
SUNY Morrisville provides Burning Glass labor market data to illustrate current trends in careers related to our academic programs. The below information is drawn from Burning Glass's data for job postings related to this program in the Northeast United States (New York, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont) between Oct. 1, 2018 and Sept. 30, 2019.
Top 10 Regional Employers for this Program
The list below displays the regional employers who have had the most job postings requiring skills you’d gain from this program.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- CVS Health
- Bank of America
- JP Morgan Chase Company
- U.S. Bancorp
- Verizon Communications Incorporated
- Rite Aid Corporation
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc
Top 10 Job Titles for this Program
These are the job titles you are most likely to see listings for, when graduating from this program.
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Store Manager