Are you or another SUNY Morrisville student experiencing food or housing insecurity? We are here to help. For compassionate, and judgement-free help please contact our Basic Needs Coordinator.
Basic Needs Coordinator: Isabella Lambert - firstname.lastname@example.org - 315-684-6997
For those experiencing food insecurity, there are both on- and off-campus resources available to you.
- Mo’s Marketplace Food Pantry and Clothing Closet
- Any SUNY Morrisville student experiencing food insecurity can get food and clothing from Mo’s Marketplace free of charge. A wide variety of food items, clothing, hygiene products, and more is available to those in need.
- If you would like to coordinate a no-contact food pick-up, please email Isabella at email@example.com and food will be bagged and set aside for you with pick-up instructions emailed to you. Please include any dietary restrictions or allergies. Food pick-ups can be for any time during normal operating hours from Mo’s Marketplace in Helyar Hall. No identifying information is shared beyond the Basic Needs Coordinator unless absolutely necessary or permission is granted.
- SNAP Benefits
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) provides food benefits to those with low-income to supplement their grocery budget.
- To see if you might qualify for SNAP fill out this short questionnaire: https://www.hungersolutionsny.cloud/page2.asp
- For help applying for SNAP or if you have any questions, please follow the link below to find a NOEP (Nutrition Outreach and Education Program) Coordinator in the county you reside that can help walk you through the entire process.
- To see if you would qualify for ALL New York State resources including buying food, public assistance, health insurance, etc. you can complete this prescreening tool:
- Madison County CAP
For those experiencing housing insecurity, there are both on- and off-campus resources and options available to you.
- Do you not have anywhere to go over fall, winter, or spring break? Do you not have housing? Do you need room essentials including bedding or hygiene products? We can help. Please contact the Basic Needs Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or ResLife@morrisville.edu to discuss all your options.
- Hardship Fund
- Do you not have anywhere to go over summer break? We can help. Please contact the Basic Needs Coordinator email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss all your options.