The Cotton Family Business Idea Competition gives students a chance to take their idea to the next level. Students will submit their application online and a panel of judges will review the applications. The top six business ideas will be selected to present their idea virtually on Thursday, April 22, at 4:00 p.m..
Students will briefly describe their business idea. In describing the business idea, the student submission will address these questions:
- What problem does your product, service, or business idea solve?
- Who will benefit from your product/service?
- What are the benefits of your product or service?
- What would be required to make your idea a reality? Is it feasible?
Applications open: March 10, 2021
Application deadline: April 8, 2021
Finalists announced: April 12, 2021
Finals: Presentations on Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- All members of a team or individuals competing must be currently registered students at SUNY Morrisville.
- All applications must be submitted online by April 5, 2021, through the Morrisville webpage. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Only one entry per person.
- A person can only be on one team.
- Established businesses do not qualify for this competition.
- Six finalists will be selected from the preliminary round by April 12, 2021, and will be notified by email.
- Five minute Power Point or Prezi presentation of your idea on Zoom.
- Up to three minutes of questions from the judges.
- Business attire required for presentations. No submissions will be returned.
- All judges’ decisions are final.