Dear Faculty and Staff,
Please find below important information regarding weekly COVID-19 testing procedures for the Fall 2021 semester.
Weekly surveillance testing is required for all faculty and staff who are not fully vaccinated or who prefer not to provide proof of vaccination:
- If you have not submitted your vaccination documentation through Blackboard, you must continue to participate in weekly COVID-19 pooled saliva testing each week.
- A list of faculty and staff who have completed their weekly test will be cross-referenced against the list on file with the Office of Human Resources of staff who have not submitted vaccination documentation. Failure to test each week will result in disciplinary action.
- Faculty and staff will self-administer pooled saliva tests.
- Faculty and staff will obtain up to five (5) test kits from University Police, located in Brooks Hall, during the following dates and times:
- Monday, Aug. 16, Tuesday, Aug. 17 and Wednesday, Aug. 18, between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Each Monday and Tuesday beginning the week of Aug. 23, between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Facilities and Dairy staff who have not submitted vaccination documentation will continue to be tested at the Physical Plant.
- Employees will have an opportunity to test on Mondays or Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and can access and drop off tests in the Faculty Office Common Area on the Norwich Campus.
Steps for Self-Administering the Pooled Saliva Tests
- Prior to the testing, please do not eat or drink anything, including chewing gum, mints or lozenges, within 30 minutes of administering the test. Please also ensure that you have not brushed your teeth or used mouthwash within the past three hours before testing. Additionally, you must abstain from smoking, vaping or using smokeless tobacco products for 30 minutes prior to the test.
- Register your test kit using the Clarifi COVID-19 testing registration app each week, before dropping the completed test kit in the designated drop box. Please ensure that you have entered the barcode listed on your test correctly in the app. Please create a user profile for the registration app if you have not yet already done so.
- Instructions on how to self-administer the test can be viewed on the “How to Swab” video via Vimeo.
- When you are done self-administering the test and after you have registered the test using the testing registration app, please place a label with your first and last name and date of birth on the test tube and deliver the test to Brooks Hall or Whipple Administration Building. Place the test tube in the designated COVID-19 test drop box, located on the first floor of each building.
- All tests must be completed on Monday or Tuesday of each week and placed in the COVID-19 drop box no later than 5 p.m. every Tuesday!
It is your responsibility to complete the test during the designated days!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.