The SUNY Morrisville Wellness Center provides a variety of personalized services to meet the health and wellness needs and goals of members of the college and the communities of Morrisville, Eaton, Cazenovia and Hamilton.
Our Purpose and Focus
The goal of the SUNY Morrisville Wellness Center is to educate our members about the importance of their overall health and fitness.
Functioning as a teaching facility for our human performance & health promotion (HPHP) students, our focus is on preventative health and wellness as our student interns gain knowledge and experience through hands-on learning. This includes exercise prescription, maintenance and motivational support in a structured setting.
Our facility also has a medical orientation, which incorporates exercise counseling to work in conjunction with routine visits to your licensed physician. Our professional staff will work closely with your physician to provide a personal health care program customized to your needs.
The Wellness Center's personalized services include:
• Personal training & goal-oriented programs
• Functional training & preventative exercise
• Cardiovascular fitness testing
• Muscle strength & endurance testing
• Flexibility testing
• Strength & conditioning for athletes
• Strength after physical therapy
• Functional movement screening
• Body composition analysis
Our on-site amenities include:
• Cardio equipment: elliptical, treadmills, rowers, octane and ARC trainers, recumbent bike, upper- and lower-body ergometers, slideboard
• Strength training equipment: squat rack and bench press, Cybex stations, free weights, kettlebells, sandbags, medicine balls, stability balls, Bosu balls
• Speed, power & agility training equipment
• Stability & core training equipment
• Recovery & mobility training equipment
• Locker rooms and showers (please bring your own lock and towel)
All of our student interns are in the last year of the human performance & health promotion Bachelor of Science degree program and are under the direct supervision of the Wellness Center Director.
Faculty and Staff:
Fitness Testing (Required for all new non-student members; testing fee waived for students):
• $50, plus first month free
Become a member today! Visit the SUNY Morrisville Wellness Center at the IcePlex II (located adjacent to Ciarrocchi Rink), or contact us at 315.684.6597 or firstname.lastname@example.org.