The Tutoring Center offers its NightOWL drop-in online tutoring service through Morrisville's membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR-NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
NightOWL Spring 2023 Schedule
NightOWL is open from 7:00 p.m. to midnight, Sundays through Thursdays, from January 29, through May 11, 2023, for the following subjects:
- Accounting through 300-level classes
- Biology through 151
- Chemistry through 242
- Computer science
- Economics at the 100-level
- Math 091, 101, 102, 103, 107, 123, 127, 141, 147, 151, 152, 153, and 161 (also available January 22-26)
- Med math/dosage calculations for nursing
- Nursing at the 100-level
- Physics through 128
- Psychology at the 100-level
- Writing assignments for any classes, except foreign language classes, through the master's level (also available January 22-26)
Instructions for Working with a NightOWL Tutor
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the STAR-NY tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account on the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one-on-one in the order that they log in to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will remain in a virtual "waiting room." You will be taken into the tutor's room when the previous student's session is complete. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.