Nightowl Online Tutoring
The Tutoring Center is able to provide its NightOWL online tutoring through Morrisville’s membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR-NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
SCHEDULE OF ONLINE TUTORING
NightOWL services for Summer 2019 will be available 7:00 PM to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from Sunday, May 26, through Thursday, August 15, for the following subjects:
- Writing assignments for any classes through master’s level (except foreign language courses)
- Math (SKLS 091; MAGN 101; and MATH 102, 103, 123, 141, 147, 151, 161)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKING WITH AN ONLINE TUTOR:
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the online tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account in the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one-on-one in the order that they login to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will be held in a virtual “waiting room.” When the previous student’s session is finished, you will be taken into the tutor’s room. The tutors should greet you in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard when you enter their rooms. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.
Stephanie L. Lawhorne
Director of the Tutoring Center