What is it?
- A time-limited opportunity to support SUNY Morrisville and receive a substantial tax benefit – both a credit and deduction.
- NY State: 85% of the qualified contribution is a tax credit and 15% of the qualified contribution can be a deduction. A NYS donor gets the benefit of both a deduction and credit on NYS tax filing.
- Federal: 15% of the qualified contribution can be a deduction.
- Donor requests an online application from SUNY Morrisville.
- Donor receives authorization from SUNY Impact Foundation.
- Donor makes qualified donation to the Foundation by September 30, 2023 (preferred application deadline).
- Donor submits certified receipt to accounted for tax filing.
- Funds will be sent to SUNY Morrisville in February 2024.
- Minimum donation of $10,000 and maximum of $100,000 per donor/tax filing
- Only individuals are eligible. Donations from family foundations, corporations, S-corps will not qualify.
- In-kind donations do not qualify
Ways to Donate
- Cash (check or wire transfer)
- Stocks: evaluated value on the day of receipt is the actual donation amount regardless of its value the day donor submitted their request to their agent
- Combination of cash and stock
- Sept 30 – Preferred application deadline
- Nov. 21 – Last day for stock transfer
- Nov. 30 – All donations must be received by SUNY Impact Foundation
To begin the process, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 315.684.6020.