SUNY Morrisville broad based fees consist of the College Fee, the Intercollegiate Athletics Fee, the Student Activity Fee, the Student Health Services Fee, the Technology Fee, and the Transportation Fee. Broad based fees are generally fees that are charged to all SUNY Morrisville students
The College Fee is the State University Fee which is assessed at a semester rate of $.85 per credit hour or $12.50 for a full time student. This fee is assessed to all students.
The Intercollegiate Athletics Fee is intended to increase stability in the funding of intercollegiate athletics. It covers supplies, equipment, transportation, and meals for the athletic teams. All students are allowed free admission to all games by presenting their college identification. The fee is assessed at a semester rate of $17.00 per credit hour, or $206.00 for a full time student. The Intercollegiate Athletics Fee is waived for all students who are doing an internship away from campus, and all students who are 100% online.
The Student Activity Fee is a $105.00 fee voted on by the students of the college. It covers the cost of various student activities across campus. The Student Activity Fee is assessed at a semester rate of $9.00 per credit hour, or $105.00 for full-time students on the main Morrisville Campus. The Student Activity Fee is assessed at a semester rate of $2.50 per credit hour, or $30.00 for full time students on the Norwich branch campus. The Student Activity Fee is waived for all students who are doing an internship away from campus, and all students who are 100% online.
The Student Health Services Fee covers health, counseling, and preventative health services on campus. The Student Health Services Fee is assessed at a semester rate of $14.00 per credit hour, or $167.00 for full time students on the main Morrisville Campus. The Student Health Services Fee is waived for Norwich branch campus students who do not live on the main Morrisville Campus, it is also waived for all students who are doing an internship away from campus, and all students who are 100% online.
The Technology Fee is used to build and maintain a technology infrastructure. It covers distance learning, high speed internet, wireless, smart classrooms, and other technology efforts. The Technology Fee is assessed at a semester rate of $16.00 per credit hour, or $193.00 for full time students. The Technology Fee is charged to all SUNY Morrisville students.
The Transportation Fee is used to cover the cost of shuttle bus services that transports students around campus, including remote areas (equine and dairy facilities, and health clinical locations). It also covers the cost of buses to surrounding areas. The Transportation Fee is assessed at a semester rate of $8.50 per credit hour, or $97.00 for full time students on the main campus. The Transportation fee is waived for Norwich branch campus students who do not attend the main Morrisville Campus, it is also waived for all students who are doing an internship away from campus, and all students who are 100% online.
Explanation of Fees
|Mandatory Fees For Full Time Students||Per Semester||Per Year|
|State University Fee||$12.50||$25.00|
|Student Activity Fee||$105.00||$210.00|
|Student Athletic Fee||$206.00||$412.00|
|Health Services Fee||$167.00||$334.00|
|Medical Insurance all full-time campus students unless covered, estimate only||$987.54||$1,975.08|
|*International Student Insurance - non-US citizens - no waivers honored, estimate only||$624.45||$1,248.90|
|Orientation Fee - all freshmen - one time fee||$100.00|
|Technology Fee - all full-time students - campus and Norwich||$193.00||$386.00|
|Dormitory Services Fee - Mandatory for ALL rooms||$410.00||$820.00|
|Transportation Fee - all main campus students for use of the MAC Shuttle||$97.00||$194.00|
|Career Services Fee||$13.00||$26.00|
|Norwich Campus Student Activity Fee||$30.00||$60.00|
- State University Fee: Mandatory for all students. Used to reduce debt service with the New York State Dormitory Authority.
- Student Activity Fee: Mandatory for all students. Funds the programs and activities of the Student Government Organization.
- Student Athletic Fee: Mandatory for all campus students. Funds the Men's and Women's intercollegiate sports program including team transportation, uniforms, etc.
- Health Services Fee: Mandatory fee providing some medications and laboratory procedures through the Student Health Center at no additional cost.
- Medical Insurance: All students enrolling for 12 or more credit hours are required to have health insurance. If you are insured under your parent's plan or a private, pre-existing plan, complete the online waiver form. Waivers will not be accepted after the first week of classes. Comprehensive coverage for medical expenses, generally incurred off-campus, arising from covered accidents and sicknesses. The benefits of this program are designed to complement, not duplicate, service provided by the Student Health Center.
- International Student Insurance: Comprehensive coverage for medical expenses, generally incurred off-campus, including medical evacuation and repatriation benefits, arising from covered accidents and sicknesses. This insurance charge is mandatory for international students and scholars, F-1 and J-1 visas, and for students studying abroad. Insurance waivers will not be honored.
- Technology Fee: Mandatory fee for all students providing access to various computer services.
- Dormitory Services Fee: Mandatory for all residence hall residents. Includes use of washers and dryers, ability to receive cable television, high quality FM reception and a Nextel phone with free local service.
- Transportation Fee: Mandatory for all students attending the Main Campus for use of the MAX Shuttle Service.
- Alumni Membership: Alumni Association benefits include: reunions with classmates, Alumni News subscription, alumni web site, affinity credit card, group insurance opportunities, travel packages, professional networking, mentoring, regional get-togethers, SUNYCard privileges for long-lines rates, use of SUNY libraries. This is a mandatory fee.
- Career Services Fee: The Career Service fee is directly applied to activities that support students in the areas of career planning and development. Open to all students and alumni of SUNY Morrisville, the Office of Career Planning and Development assists current students and graduates of the College to identify and explore career options; create or edit resumes, cover letters, portfolios, or personal statements; prepare for an internship or job search; network with alumni or other professionals; evaluate a job offer; or consider additional educational opportunities.
- Norwich Campus Student Activity Fee: For Norwich students only
|Optional Charges||Per Semester||Per Year|
|Fitness Fee - full and part-time students||$75.00||$150.00|
- Fitness Fee: Optional fee to use the Fitness Center.
|Fees For Full Time Students||Per Semester||Per Year|
|Drop/Add Fee - each schedule change after the first week of classes||$20.00 /Form|
|Administrative Late Payment Fee - charged after payment deadline||$50.00|
|Late Payment Fee - charged at each billing after initial billing||$50.00 /Billing|
|Late Registration Fee - charged once the semester begins||$50.00|
|Laptop Computer - program specific||$550.00||$1,100.00|
|Returned Check Fee - penalty for all returned checks||$20.00 /Check|
|Diploma Fee - covers costs of graduation||$25.00|
- Drop/Add Fee: Charged for any schedule changes after the first week of classes.
- Administrative Late Payment Fee: One time fee charged to all students who do not prepay (Settle their Bill) by the scheduled deadline.
- Late Payment Fee: Charged after the pre-payment deadline and may be added to semester billing statements.
- Late Registration Fee: Charged once the semester begins.
- Returned Check Fee: All checks returned by a bank due to insufficient funds will be assessed a $20.00 returned check charge. Payment must then be made in the form of a money order, certified check, cash, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. A $50.00 late payment fee will be assessed if the returned check was in payment of your semester charges. We reserve the right to protest a returned check.
Tuition and Fee Liability
Students who officially withdraw from the college or reduce the number of credits for which they are registered may be entitled to a proportionate refund of tuition paid or proportionate adjustment of tuition charges. The first day of classes as scheduled by the campus shall be deemed to be the first day that classes are offered, as scheduled by the academic calendar. The fall and spring liability schedule is:
|Liability Period||Tuition Liability||Tuition Refund||Fees Liability|
During 0% liability, refunds will be processed and charges removed for tuition and all fees. After 0% liability, tuition will be prorated according to the schedule above, and all fees are due in full. Therefore, the last day to withdraw from classes without any tuition liability is the last day of the 1st week of classes.
After 100% liability, a student is liable for tuition and all fees in full.