Take the next step in your nursing career.
As a skilled registered nurse, you can enhance your ability to care for others and advance professionally in leadership positions through the SUNY Morrisville Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in nursing.
The program provides RNs the opportunity to enhance their nursing practice in leadership, evidence-based practice, nursing informatics, health policy and professionalism.
Keeping pace with the evolving role of nurses in the health care system, you will explore factors of nursing that broaden the concepts of who you are and how you practice.
Your curriculum will integrate knowledge, theory and research, with courses emphasizing public, family and community nursing, advanced health assessment, health promotion, nursing theory, ethics, organizational communications, systems theory, leadership and management.
You will also engage in a service-learning activity in select nursing courses to combine formal learning with reflection to strengthen a community.
Upon completion of the program, you’ll be prepared to serve individuals, communities and populations in diverse and rapidly changing health care environments as a leader, scholar and advocate for nursing.
As a graduate, you will be eligible to transfer to a master’s level program to specialize as a clinical nurse specialist, nurse anesthetist, nurse midwife, nurse practitioner, administrator or nurse educator. You’ll also be eligible for graduate programs in informatics and business and health care administration.
Starting with the Fall 2019 semester, any student admitted into a New York State Associate Nursing Degree program will be required by the NYS Education Department to obtain a Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree within 10 years of initial licensure in nursing. SUNY Morrisville is pleased to offer a hybrid online RN to BS program that can be completed in 24 months. For more information please see NYS Senate Bill S6768.
NY State Education Department
Office of the Professions
Division of Professional Licensing Services
89 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12234-1000
HESC code: 1203.10
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Accredited by the New York State Board of Regents.
To further the professionalism of nursing and contribute to the National Academy of Medicine’s (formerly IOM) 80% BSN by 2020 challenge and currently NYS S2145 Education Law (currently passed by the Senate), SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Morrisville now offers an RN to BS program.
The Baccalaureate Nursing Program at SUNY Morrisville prepares graduates to competently serve individuals, communities, and populations in diverse and rapidly changing healthcare environments as leaders in their field, scholars of nursing science, and community health advocates.
The foundations of Morrisville’s RN to BSN program is built using the core Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. Registered professional nurses remain a critical branch of interprofessional healthcare teams delivering patient centered care. The borders of the acute care settings are expanded to the community and beyond incorporating advancing technology and changing demographics of our global world. As our country struggles to define healthcare, professional baccalaureate nursing education integrates knowledge, theory and research building leadership skills to advocate for patients policy level.
- Incorporate theories and concepts from the arts, humanities, and sciences into the professional nursing role.
- Assess leadership principles in the provision of quality nursing care.
- Integrate evidence based practice to guide care in a variety of health settings.
- Discuss the role of information technology systems in delivery of safe patient care.
- Analyze methods to improve health outcomes for populations.
- Analyze dimensions of communication relate to healthcare environments.
- Promote population focused interventions based on identified gaps in a healthcare setting.
- Extend professional identity to practice in a multicultural environment.
- 80% of students will complete the program within 150% of stated program length.
- 80% of students are employed as a registered nurse within 6 months of graduation or will begin a higher lever education program. In 2019, 100% of students were employed.