Working on Campus

The following information is relevant to current SUNY Morrisville students only. Employment opportunities for non-students are found on the college's Human Resources page.  

Hundreds of SUNY Morrisville students gain valuable work experience and earn money for educational expenses in on-campus jobs through the college's Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Student Temp Services programs, and Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation (MAC). Details about the eligibility standards and application process for each follow.   

On-campus positions are highly competitive, especially for first semester freshmen, so if you are interested in working, apply to multiple positions and as soon as positions open. The majority of jobs are for a maximum of eight to 10 hours a week to allow as many students as possible the opportunity to work. 

Documents Required for Hiring

USCIS, a department of the US Department of Homeland Security, requires that all employees, including students, present original documentation of proof of identity and work authorization before beginning a job. Copies or faxes of documents cannot be accepted, just originals, per Federal law.   

Federal law requires that you present proof of your identification and your authorization to work in the U.S. before you can begin your Federal Work-Study (FWS) or Student Temp Services job as a SUNY Morrisville employee. These documents have to be originals and current; copies and expired documents cannot be accepted. Make sure to bring the following with you when you come to campus in August so you can begin your job at the earliest date possible.

Required documentation to be set up on the payroll

 Proof of identification: one of the following:

  • photo identification such as a SUNY Morrisville ID card, driver’s license, US Military card, or State or Federal ID card that includes a photo


Proof of work authorization: one of the following

  • Social Security card, original or certified copy of your birth certificate, US passport, Alien Registration Card, Native American Tribal Document, or Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the US Department of State

If you have already been on the SUNY Morrisville payroll under your current name and work authorization status, you do not have to resubmit the aforementioned documentation.

Direct Deposit option

You can have your paycheck deposited directly to a checking or savings account, or collect it in person through our Business Office. If you’d like to have your paycheck direct-deposited, please bring a deposit slip for that account to campus as well. You are paid once every two weeks.

Additional forms to be completed

There are three additional forms you need to complete with the Payroll Office before you can begin working your FWS or Student Temp Services job, unless you already have worked for SUNY Morrisville. More details about completing those forms and submitting the required documentation and direct-deposit slip (optional) can be found in our Work-Study Handbook.

Hiring Information for 2017-18

Federal Work-Study (FWS)

FWS positions are open to both students awarded Federal Work-Study (FWS) in their 2017/18 Financial Aid letter and to students who can be awarded it at this time. Students can check in-person with Financial Aid (3rd floor Whipple Administration Building), 8 am to 10 am, Mondays and Thursdays, to determine their eligibility for a Federal Work-Study award.  

Students must actively seek positions (with our help, of course!) through CCN-Morrisville, the College's web-based jobs and internships databaseStudents are encouraged to apply early and to multiple positions to ensure success in the search process. 

Please note that FWS awards cannot be credited to outstanding SUNY Morrisville balances due. Instead, student employees are paid bi-weekly for actual hours worked at a rate of $10.40/hour starting December 31, 2017. The average commitment is seven hours a week. Students can earn up to, but not exceed, the full amount of their award.

Student Temp Service 

Student Temp Service jobs are in departments across the campus. Many require specific technical skills, such as working with dairy cows, horses, or technologies, or experience, including having taken and done well in a given class or having been a student for at least a semester, with a limited number having more general requirements. The pay rate is $10.40/hour starting December 31, 2017. Student Temp Service jobs require an average commitment of six to ten hours a week and are typically for the length of the academic year, although some such as those with the Alumni Offices phone-a-thon may be for more limited periods. 

Current Student Temp Services jobs are posted in CCN-Morrisville.

Hiring for Resident Assistant (RA) positions in SUNY Morrisville residence halls is typically in the middle of the semester before the position would start (mid/late October for Spring semester, mid March for Fall semester). Any vacancies at the beginning of a semester will be posted in CCN-Morrisville. The application deadline for hiring for RAs for Fall 2018 has been extended to February 28.   

Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation (MAC)

MAC, which is related to the College, but a separate legal entity, hires for student support in dining facilities, the IcePlex, and other service areas. MAC is the largest student employer on campus, and offers the greatest number of weekend and evening hours. 

Applications can be be done on-line through the Student Employment form on their website, or in person in the MAC Business Office in Hamilton Hall; after the start of the semester, the latter is the preferred option. Only completed applications will be considered. Follow up should be done directly with MAC at their Hamilton Hall office or by calling 315.684.6047.

MAC Student Application

Contact Information

Barbara A. Roback

Career Planning and Development Officer
Phone: 315.684.6615