Help Desk Hours: Technical personnel are not available at the help desk at this time to better comply with social distancing mandates due to COVID-19. We can still be reached by phone and email to help with technological requests. Thank you.
Our goal is to assist SUNY Morrisville and the Morrisville campus with new technologies as .the result of the ThinkPad University campaign. Whether you are having a problem with software, hardware, or just a question, our staff will be happy to assist you.
The Help Desk is located on the ground floor of Charlton Hall in the Technology Services Office.
SUNY Morrisville began a partnership with IBM called ThinkPad University in an effort to enhance the college's learning environment. Student laptop use is integrated into many SUNY Morrisville programs, and laptops are integrated into the teaching and learning environment as a whole.
The Help Desk can:
- Assist laptop users with questions or problems with their laptops
- Work with our on-campus Technology Center which employs certified technicians who handle warranty repairs conveniently and quickly
- Set up new laptops for use, distribute the laptops to new users, train the new users on the use and care of their laptops
- Maintain an inventory of all campus computer hardware and software.
- Install new software, patches, and updates
- Maintain a log of trouble calls on the laptops
- Create and maintain documentation for users