The SUNY Morrisville College Council consists of members appointed by the Governor and one member elected by and from the members of the student body. According to State Education Law, each State-operated institution of the State University shall be supervised locally by a College Council.
Within this framework, the College Council possesses the following powers:
- Recommends to State University Trustees candidates for head of the College.
- Reviews plans of the administrative head and makes recommendations as it deems appropriate.
- Makes regulations covering care, custody and improvement of lands, grounds, buildings and equipment.
- Reviews proposed budgets as prepared by administrative head.
- Develops and appoints Advisory Committees.
- Names buildings and grounds.
- Makes regulations covering conduct of students.
- Supervises student housing and safety.
- Makes an annual report to the State University Trustees and any other necessary reports.
- Performs such other duties as may be authorized by State University Trustees.
- Makes regulations for the College consistent with the policy of State University Trustees to carry out the foregoing powers and duties.
The SUNY Morrisville College Council meets four times per year. Minutes of the meetings are available to the public.
- Dr. Kristi Andersen, Chair
- Arnold R. Fisher, Vice Chair
- Lawrence J. Baker
- Michael P. Oot, Esq.
- Allen Riley
- Elizabeth C. Moran, Ph.D.
- Student Member: Tendaji Ya'ukuu