NightOWL Online Tutoring
The Tutoring Center is able to provide its NightOWL online tutoring through Morrisville’s membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR- NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
NightOWL for Summer 2020 will be available 7:00 PM to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from Sunday, May 17, through Tuesday, August 25, for the following subjects:
- Writing assignments for any classes through master’s level (except foreign language courses)
- Math (SKLS 091; MAGN 101; and MATH 102, 103, 123, 141, 147, 151, 161)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKING WITH A NIGHTOWL TUTOR:
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the STAR-NY tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account in the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one- on-one in the order that they login to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will be held in a virtual “waiting room.” When the previous student’s session is finished, you will be taken into the tutor’s room. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.