The Tutoring Center is able to provide its NightOWL online tutoring through Morrisville’s membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR-NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
NightOWL for Fall 2021 will be available 7:00 PM to midnight Sundays through Thursdays from Wednesday, September 1, through Thursday, December 9 (except for Labor Day on September 6 and Thanksgiving on November 23-25, for the following subjects:
- ACCT through 300-level courses
- BIOL through 151 only on Mondays & Thursdays
- CHEM through 142
- CHEM 241 & 242 only on Tuesdays
- ECON 100 & 140
- Math through 161, including statistics
- NURS 120 and 150 and nursing math (med math/dosage calculations)
- PHYS through 128 only on Mondays & Tuesdays
- PSYC 101 and 103
- Writing assignments for any classes through master’s level (except foreign language courses)
Instructions For Working With A NightOWL Tutor
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the STAR-NY tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account on the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one-on-one in the order that they log in to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will be held in a virtual “waiting room.” When the previous student’s session is finished, you will be taken into the tutor’s room. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.