The Tutoring Center is able to provide its NightOWL drop-in online tutoring service through Morrisville’s membership in the STAR-NY (Sharing Tutoring and Academic Resources New York) Consortium. In addition to Morrisville, numerous other SUNY colleges belong to STAR-NY. These member campuses hire tutors who can help students enrolled at any of the participating campuses.
Through Thursday, September 1, 2022, NightOWL will be available 7:00 p.m. to midnight Sundays through Thursdays for the following subjects:
- Math through 161, including statistics courses
- Writing assignments for any classes through master’s level (except foreign language courses)
Beginning Sunday, September 4, 2022, NightOWL will also cover the following additional subjects through Thursday, December 8, 2022, for Fall 2022:
- Accounting through 300-level classes
- Biology through 151
- Chemistry through 242
- Economics at the 100-level
- Med math/dosage calculations for nursing
- Nursing at the 100-level
- Physics through 128
- Psychology at the 100-level
NightOWL will be closed on Labor Day (Monday, September 5) and for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Instructions For Working With A NightOWL Tutor
- Open an updated version of a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari (do NOT use Internet Explorer) to log into the STAR-NY tutoring site.
- Click on the "Tutor Request" link to read and agree to the consent information and to follow the prompts to set up your account in the platform.
- Select the room for the subject with which you would like assistance. Students are helped one-on-one in the order that they login to the tutoring platform. If a student is already working with the tutor(s), other students will be held in a virtual “waiting room.” When the previous student’s session is finished, you will be taken into the tutor’s room. Sessions are limited to 60 minutes.