The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act, is a federal economic stimulus bill which provides financial assistance to American workers, families, small businesses and other industries in response to the coronavirus pandemic.Through the CARES Act and via the U.S. Department of Education, SUNY Morrisville has received funding to provide emergency financial aid grants to eligible students.
SUNY Morrisville has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that we have used, or intend to use, no less than 50 percent of the $3.5 million in funding received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. SUNY Morrisville has determined an estimated total of 2681 students at the institution may be eligible to participate in the program.
Students who have received CARES Disbursements
|Report Date||Number of Students||Disbursement Amount|
|June 18, 2020||661||$945,258|
|July 27, 2020||103||$176,545|
|September 15, 2020||83||$145,065|
|October 8, 2020||37||$75,886|
SUNY Morrisville’s awarding process will be determined as follows:
- Minimum award of $1,000: Any student requesting assistance less than or equal to $1,000 will receive no less than $1,000 in aid.
- Students requesting more than $1,000 will receive their request, up to $3,000.
- Maximum award of $3,000: no grant awarded to students will exceed this amount.
- Any request exceeding $3,000 will be capped at the maximum award.
To access the grant application, please use the following steps:
1. Log into your Web for Students account.
2. From the Main Menu, select the “Student Information & Financial Aid” link.
3. From the Student Information & Financial Aid menu, select the “CARES Act Emergency Funding Application” link. It will be the very first link listed at the top of the menu.